Teachers Income Tax Preparation

At Buffalo Tax Service, one of the professions we specialize in is teachers. We are very familiar with the additional tax deductions for teachers and will make sure you receive everything to which you are entitled.

What paperwork do I need?

In addition to your usual personal income tax documents, please also have the following:

  • A total of any supplies you have purchased for the classroom so you can receive the maximum educator’s expense deduction.
  • If work requires you to have a computer, please add up the total cost for your internet service provider and if you purchased a new computer last year let us know the amount you paid and the date of purchase.
  • Bring a final pay stub which should show the amount of union dues you paid last year.
  • If you did any coaching, chaperoning, or other after school volunteer activities and you used your own vehicle for travel, be sure to ask me about the mileage deduction to which you may be entitled.

Please feel free to ask us anything you wish by text, phone, or e-mail. If you’ve been referred by another client, please mention their name!


Buffalo Tax Service

Professional Income Tax Preparation for Individuals and Businesses

© Buffalo Tax Service