Police & Correctional Officers Income Tax Preparation
At Buffalo Tax Service, we specialize in income tax preparation for police officers and correctional officers. We are very familiar with the additional law enforcement tax deductions and will make sure you receive all that are available to you.
What paperwork do I need?
In addition to your usual personal income tax documents, please also have the following:
- Your final pay stub which will show your union dues for the year.
- If you made work purchases, including but not limited to a new weapon, vest, cuffs, uniform, or dry cleaning, please have that information available.
- If you are on call or required to have a cell phone for work purposes, please add up that portion of your cell phone bills.
- If you’re required to have your own computer, please add up the total cost for your internet service provider and if you purchased a new computer last year let us know the amount you paid and the date of purchase.
- If you regularly appear in court and use your own vehicle to drive, that mileage may be deductible. We will detail the record keeping requirements, so you can get the best possible deduction.
Please feel free to ask us anything you wish by text, phone, or e-mail. If you’ve been referred by another client, please mention their name!